Saturday 4 January 2014

Day 4 - January 4 - Milk & Cookies


Day four and all is well. I have ideas, I have time (thank you girls, for sleeping well!) and I have space to work. All I need to sort out is a missing bolt on my tripod, which means the tripod head does not stay still, and thus defeats the object. I think tomorrow will see me off to B&Q to find a bolt to fit and solve the problem. I sure hope it's as easy as a quick trip and low cost as I really like my tripod and don't want to be spending a lot to rectify the problem.

Today's shot is of a lovely snack for someone. Santa Claus, perhaps? Only 10 days too late :) I found it difficult to light the edge of the glass well, so I guess that my lighting technique is something that I should add to my list of things to improve on this year. That's what I like so much about a project such as this; it focuses your attention on your strengths and your weaknesses, and allows you to hone in on them to improve your skills.

After struggling to light the image, I couldn't bring myself to eat the cookies. They've been put away for another day (and most likely will be eaten by the girls).

Tomorrow's photo will be a return to something I did quite a lot of when I first did my photo a day projects back in 2007 and 2008, so it will be interesting to see how I get on with it and what kinds of re-learning curve I'm up against.

No comments:

Post a Comment