Friday 3 January 2014

Day 3 - January 3 - Colour Me a Rainbow


Day 3 and much of the country is being lashed by wind and rain and the accompanying storm surges and flooding in coastal areas. I figured something more cheerful was called for. I found a pack of coloured pencils for £1 in Wilkinsons, and thought that they would come in handy for my project. I love rainbows, but have only been fortunate enough to photograph one on one occasion. Figured I should just create my own, then.

I'm not entirely happy with the photo, as there is a bit of space between the red, orange and yellow pencils that I would have preferred not be there, but only noticed when I came to edit the image on the laptop. Lesson learned: look more carefully through the viewfinder, Anna! I could have easily rectified this before taking the shot, but my mind was already thinking of titles and this blog post. In future, I must take more time and pay more attention to the portion of the task in hand. Slow and steady wins the race, and all that.

I am quite pleased with myself. I already have tomorrow's photo planned out in my mind; all I need are some of the subjects. I'm already looking forward to creating that photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment