Thursday 2 January 2014

Day 2 - January 2 - Gerbera


Here it is, Day 2 of the Photo365 project, and I have my second photo to show for it. Hooray! This makes a grand total of 3 days in a row that I have taken a photo, and it feels FANTASTIC. I don't feel that I truly realised how much I missed my photography until this point. I get a feeling of joy when I see the photographs downloaded from my camera appear on my laptop screen.

Today's shot is of a gerbera. It's past its best, and I wasn't overly keen on its lurid orange colour, so I thought I would try my hand at a mono conversion. I love the detail on the underside, rather than the more conventional view of the flower head itself, so I tried to make that the focus of my photo. I'm not thrilled with the crop, as I think it's too tight at the top, but it gives me something to work at.

I'm very fortunate to have a lot of support and encouragement as I embark on Photo365. My husband and my mother are my two biggest cheerleaders, rallying round me and offering constructive feedback and welcome comments. I also have a good friend, David Brennan, who is starting on his own photo a day endeavour - please have a look at his blog via the links to the right. He and I have made a pact to push each other to complete the project, and this is a great thing. It's good to know someone else is experiencing the same issues - photographer's block, elation at "the" shot, frustration when an image doesn't match the concept in one's head. I've got a good feeling about this year, photographically speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment